20 all new episodes
All new format
Airs Friday nights at 8pm on Discovery
AND Wednesday nights at 9pm on Science Channel (with extra footage!)
BotFans, prepare thy televisions for glorious mechanized combat, for the ultimate robot fighting show has returned! That’s right, starting this Friday, May 11th, BattleBots will return with twenty, all new bolt-busting episodes. The show will air Friday nights at 8pm on Discovery, and Wednesday nights at 9pm on Science Channel (please be sure to check your TV provider’s guide for the exact time BattleBots airs – especially if you’re on the West Coast and watch via DirecTV or Dish).
For the 2018 season we are moving to an all new, totally revised fight card format where every episode promises head-to-head, monster-matchups that fans have always dreamt of. You want to see Tombstone vs. Minotaur‽ Well… we got that in the very first episode! In fact, here is the lineup for episode one:
– Bite Force vs. Blacksmith
– Mecha Rampage vs. DUCK! vs. Free Shipping (Rumble)
– SubZero vs. HUGE
– Bombshell vs. LockJaw
– Tombstone vs. Minotaur
– Bonus fight on Science Channel only: Kraken vs. Sharkopion vs. Deviled Egg (Rumble)
All airings of this all-new season of BattleBots will feature one-of-a-kind fights: multiple main events between legendary BattleBots All-Stars; undercard fights from incredible newcomers; jaw-dropping exhibition matches. No longer are you one-and-done if you lose — most robots will have 3-5 fights during this new season. And, as the season progresses, bots will be ranked based on their fight-card performance. Only the top 16 will gain entry into the World Championship Playoffs, where the winner will hoist the most legendary trophy in all sport: The Giant Nut.
So be sure to tune-in live, or set your DVR: BattleBots is back!
Get to know the 2018 Robots
We’ve updated our website to included all the new robots competing in the 2018 season—complete with photos, bios and more.
Meet the new robots now. Click over to: https://battlebots.com/2018-season-robots/
1. BattleBots received more ratings credits if you watch your DVR recording within the first 3-days after the initial broadcast. So please watch your DVR recordings as soon as you can.
2. Please be sure to check your TV provider’s guide for the exact time BattleBots is airing. Some cable/satellite services only offer an East coast feed for Discovery. This could mean the shows airs at 5pm and 10pm on the West coast for certain providers.
3. We are working on worldwide distribution of the new series now. We’ll update our website with International air dates soonest.
4. Currently, the series will be streamed domestically in the US via Discovery Go.
That’s all for now. Please tune-in. Your viewership is what keeps BattleBots on TV, so let’s make this premiere HUGE (which is also the name of the tallest robot in the show : ). Please tell ALL your friends and family to tune-in, and please let your social media friends know as well. Many thanks!
Follow BattleBots online:
Designing, building, and testing robots are inherently dangerous activities that should only be conducted by trained professionals and/or qualified engineers. No minors should engage in any of these activities without the proper supervision of an adult who is either a trained professional or a qualified engineer. You fully assume the risk of any and all liability, injury, loss, damage, or death that may be caused to you and/or any third party in connection with your engagement in any robot designing, building, and/or testing activities. BattleBots, its partners, and licensees assume no liability whatsoever in connection with your engagement in these activities, and further make no representations and/or warranties, whether express or implied, with respect to your safety and/or your eligibility for any future seasons of BattleBots.