JOINING THE NATIONAL ROBOTICS LEAGUE AS AN INDUSTRY ADVISOR
Sparks fly. Metal crunches. Robots go to war. The National Robotics League (NRL) is a surefire way to pique students’ interest in technology, math and engineering. For the manufacturers and job shops that take on the role of NRL Industry Advisor, the excitement of competition is just the beginning; they’ll help turn the students they mentor into passionate, skilled, future job candidates.
BUT WHAT CAN I DO?
Welcoming students into your manufacturing facility helps them apply their academic education in a real-world, business environment. As a result, students learn the technical and soft skills needed for careers in manufacturing and are exposed to the benefits of working in the industry.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
MORE THAN ROBOT BRAGGING RIGHTS:
- Build your own pipeline of skilled manufacturing workers and improve the recruitment of new workers
- Identify, use and reward untapped resources within your current workforce—enhancing the skills and reinvigorating existing employees
- Influence curriculum enhancements at schools to increase instructional effectiveness
- Create community goodwill and positive PR
- Ultimately reduce hiring and training costs
SIGN ME UP!
The ‘bot is in your court. Visit www.gonrl.org/toolkit to get more information on the what, why and how of becoming an industry advisor.